cuddles
Rivers has never been cuddler. That's not a description I would give this little boy. I would say he is a sweetheart, a wild thing, a climber, an adventurer, a runner, a dancer, a hamm. He's chill, curious, creative, playful, tough, funny, happy, active, kind, polite (yes, he always asks for things politely, and always shares), and loving. And once again Rivers is an absolute sweetheart. But a cuddler? No, not a cuddler. The second he could do more than be held by mom, he chose the latter. In fact, I've told Ben - on a number of occasions - I will have to inform Rivers future wife, of his natural unwillingness to cuddle. "Trust me" I will tell her "it's not you, it's him."
But this past week, while little Rivs was feeling under the weather, a change came about in him. ("And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that [Rivers' sweet heart] grew three [more] sizes that day." ) Yes, my little boy began to cuddle. He would hang onto me and hug me. He would hug me in a way he never has before. He would enjoy long periods of just lying in my arms being rocked back and forth. He held my hand because he wanted to (an incident that has not occurred since he took his first steps four months ago)! And litte Rivers actually cried when I left. (yes, something I always hoped my children would not do. But I got to say, seeing him miss my presence, is something I've, in a strange sense, kind of craved).
I'm sure it won't last long. The boy has places to go, things to see, a world to be discovered. But I'll bask in the moment as long as he will let me. :) I sure love this little guy. And I'm thoroughly enjoying those sweet cuddles, loving hugs, and his tight little fist wrapped around my finger. I got to say, I love every single thing about being a mom.
1 comments:
That is one of the few wonderful things about sick kids....they will cuddle even if that isn't their style. It is a gift, enjoy it.
Post a Comment