Fill 'er up
Grandpa Bob showed up late Tuesday evening, with a truck twice times the size of our truck (when we moved to Colorado last year). Bob was on his way to Idaho, and just stopping by to give Ben some tools, wood, and old toys from growing up.
For a man who is in love with woodworking, it's a sad day when you realize you don't have a two floor garage equipped with electricity and all the necessities to have every tool you want. Instead you only have a miniature shed in the backyard and a basement filled with old boxes and spiders (Bob and I found a black widow last night, it freaked me out, so I didn't take a picture of it. But despite all it's freakishness, I thought it was simply gorgeous - maybe next time I'll build up the nerve to pull out my macro, and take a shot of the shiny black bug, before I request it be murdered.) Anyways, so with the miniature shed, we were only able to take a very small fraction of what Bob had to offer, and even with that, our house and shed are filled to the brim.
When I walk into our chaotic living room, I feel like I should tackle the project now. I began playing out what should go where and begin rolling up my sleeves to dive into my new project. Then something stops me, a beautiful realization. . . it's the middle of September! The sun is shining, a crow is in our tree singing (as lovely as crows can sing), the squirrels are yelling at Canberra. The weather is truly perfect. Why stay inside, working when the sunshine is doing all it can to beckon me into the brisk autumn air? I figure, in a few months, when the leaves have fallen, the grass has turned brown, and the wind is blowing cold chills through my body, then I will tackle my next organization project. But today, Rivers and I are going to the park. See you later! :)
Thank you for everything Grandpa Bob! We always enjoy your company so much! We can't wait to see you again!
| Sorry for the funky lighting. But I still love the picture. :) |
2 comments:
What a nice grandpa. I love rivers shirt.
I can't believe how big Rivers is getting!! He is so stinkin' adorable!!
Post a Comment