Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Santa's Village


It's almost Sam's Birthday! So for a special treat, Sam invited Rivers to a day at Santa's Village. I figured Rivs would just enjoy watching the rides, since lately he hasn't been crazy over "amusement park" things. But my goodness, you never know what to expect with a two-year-old. That kid certainly surprised me today. He was all about every single ride. Constantly ready for the next adventure.
Towards the end, Cheyney's parents - Mindy and Stan, decided to go on this ride called the "Scrambler." I was pretty skeptical of it, but Rivs asked to go. I figured since they said he could join me on the ride, it probably wasn't that bad. We sat down, put on our seat belt, and the ride took off. It started spinning around and around. Rivers yelled "weee!" Then it started going faster. Rivers exclaimed "cool!" Then it went faster and faster and faster. I started feeling sick. And Rivers stated "all done." Sadly the ride continued you to go, and go and go. While spinning around in circles, I had to calmly explain to Rivers that we had to wait for the ride to end. He just laid down on my lap and said "sick." Poor kid. I honestly thought I tested our luck too much. And Rivers would officially never go on another ride for at least the next five years. But amazingly enough, when he saw those "bicycles" (he called them - but really they were motorcycles) he was ready for another ride. I think those were his favorite ride, just because they were "bicycles." (Because to tell you honestly, almost all the rides are the exact same , just a different vehicle :). My favorites were the giant slide, the train, the sky ride, the cars, and of course the carosel - which I am so happy Rivs liked today. Maybe we'll take a ride on the one at the zoo next time.
I just couldn't get over how much fun Rivers had! It made for such a fun day. And we are so glad Cheyney and Sam are back in town! How we missed them! Happy Birthday Sam!

Rivers riding his bicycle! He loved this thing!

2 comments:

Kyle, Alicia, and Jaxson June 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM  

So fun! I'm glad he liked the rides!

Unknown June 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM  

What a great day. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Cheyney

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP