Sunday, July 8, 2012

Camping


Rivers first camping trip was a total hit. We chose a place pretty close to our home, because we weren't quite sure if we would end up packing up in the middle of the night and driving back to Springs. But lucky for us Rivs was ecstatic over the whole  sleeping in the wilderness thing, and we stayed through morning!

Rivers and Ben turing soda bottles into musical instruments

Rivers discovers sap . .. . the beginning of messy!


Mom . . . Rock!

kicking back enjoying a Dad's Rootbeer

I love this picture of Rivers and Ben looking at something high up in the trees. I love my boys. 
Stick!

My favorite part of camping . . . SMORES! I was sooooo excited to share this amazing treat with my favorite little boy in the whole world. And all he did was tear it apart to find the Hershey chocolate in the center.  Oh well, someday, I'm sure he will share a similar fascination for the delicious treat. 



Dad and Rivs playing in the woods

Ultra-MESSY!  Yes, Rivs obviously loved the Hershey chocolate, he found! And what's on his forehead?  A banana sticker. Just like I was stoked to share a Smore with Rivs, Ben could wait to share a banana boat with Rivers. I honestly can't tell you what treat seems more up Rivers alley as a banana boat. But nope. The boy would not even look at it. He was perfectly satisfied to eat Hershey bars and explore the woods. Maybe next time. 

Hooray! A clean boy, once again!  (Give Rivs 14 years and this could be an Abercrombie & Fitch add. j/k :)

Some blurry pictures are just way too cute to not post. I love that smile of Rivs. He loved, loved, loved the tent. While we were cooking, and setting things up Rivs found all sorts of secret ways to get in an out of the tent. He would jump out and yell surprise! And when he realized we were staying for a whole night he was so excited. Rivers was super hyper. I especially love the picture of Ben and Rivs playing. They had so much fun together. Those two boys are best friends.


And then. . . . Rivs gets a glow stick! That was enough to throw him over the edge of hyperness. Little Rivs laughed like crazy and ran around the tent, as he and Ben swang their glow sticks around in circles and played games with it.

I love love love this picture of my boys. Instead of books, we brought little cards about all the different animals in the woods. Story time is our favorite time of day in our family . . . even when we are camping in the woods. 

"MORNING!"  - Rivs 


Every morning Rivers comes into our room and yells "morning!"  Then, in an attempt to get us out of bed, he gives us a "good morning kiss." Here's Rivers giving us our good morning kiss and hug. Oh how we love this boy!









2 comments:

life on the move July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM  

What a fun adventure! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy July 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM  

What a blast! I love these photos! I'm so happy you were able to go camping before the fires. Rivers is such a boy! I love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP