fever
Little Rivers feels sick today. Yesterday after his nap, he came out of his room burning hot with a 103.7 degree temperature. Poor little fellow has been sleepy and sick ever since.
This morning while I was on my run, Ben took Rivs into the bathroom to give him some Tylenol. Rivers saw the Band aids. He stuck up his little pointer finger and said "Hurt. . . Band aid please." The Tylenol didn't do a thing, Band aids fix everything.
Canberra has been worried about her little friend. She continually lays near him, kisses him and cuddles him. As for the rest of us, we're soaking up every opportunity to hold our normally wild child. He's just so sweet and cuddly. This is what I found when I came into the door this morning. Melts my heart. I love my boys.
Little Rivers temperature did not improve. So the nurse at his doctors office recommended we go to the Urgent Care this evening. Poor little Rivers, sat in my arms burning up for 5 hours. Through it all, he has been so pleasant. He is such a tough little boy, who never complains about anything. He just sat in my arms cuddled up in the waiting room for 5 hours, only to find out he has strep. It's so hard being little.
On the way home, I stopped by Wendy's and bought two Junior Chocolate Frosties. Then the two of us sat outside on the porch, watching the little bat fly through our yard. Rivers was so happy to be eating, to be out of the Urgent Care, and to be up and out while it was dark outside :). Despite his swollen tonsils, he exaggeratedly pointed to the bat then swung his arms fast through the air exclaiming "Bat! Fast!" Then when we didn't see the bat for a few moments, Rivs would put up his hands raise his eyebrows and ask "Mom. Where's bat?" Before I could answer, he would suddenly point high into the sky and yell "Mom! Twinkle Star!" Oh how I loved that moment tonight. If it was up to me, we would have stayed outside watching the bat fly, looking for airplanes, and pointing out "twinkle stars" all night long. But the Strep throat sent us inside and off to bed. Maybe another day, we'll do just that.
2 comments:
That had to be a forever moment in time last night on the deck. It's just killing us that our little boy is feeling so bad. He is so sweet and innocent. It' just not right that someone so special should have to suffer so. he deserves to always be healty and happy. We just love you to the MAX Riv's. But we know from experiance that it has been harder on your Mommy and Daddy then you. It's so hard to have to sit back and watch your little one suffer so. You feel so helpless. Our prayers are with you cause you are so special. We LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Grammmmmmmm Pa Bob
Poor Rivers! I'm so sorry to hear he's been so sick. I haven't had strep in a number of years but I remember how miserable it is! He really is a special boy and oh so cute! Good thing he has such a wonderful mommy and daddy to take care of him.
Post a Comment