Monday, October 4, 2010

conference weekend





we took off early sunday morning to go for a fall drive into the mountains. even though ohio's falls put the rocky's falls to shame, the smell of the aspens brought back the sweetest nostalgic memories for me. while driving the dusty, bumpy, switchbacks up the steep mountain side i realized i haven't experienced a rocky fall for 6 years. and even though i can't help but extremely miss the brightly colored leaves of alum creek or blendon woods, it's nice to feel like i'm back home.
when we arrived home from our sunday drive we turned on conference and enjoyed baja salads (the chili complimented the cooling air nicely :), and chocolate dipped strawberries. something about conference weekend, always creates memories just like the holidays.

rivers enjoying his first conference sunday


it was a long week: up at 5am asleep by midnight . . . all week. can you blame him? (and like always, canberra thinks she had an equally challenging week.)

3 comments:

Tammy October 5, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Oh my goodness. Rivers is looking like a little boy. I can't believe how quickly those first 6 months go.

Mel October 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Poor Ben! Nice to have a break on the weekend. I don't blame him a bit. I love the Colorado rockies. Have you been to Mount Evans? The road there is supposedly the highest paved road in the US, there is a nice hike around a lake there near a gift shop. My mother is from Denver, we have a lot of family history in Dolores CO, and Silverton CO. My great Grandpa worked in the silver mines near Silverton and Great Grandma worked at the hotels there. Silverton is a popular tourist destination now. You can take a train from Durango to Silverton (or just drive). It is so gorgeous there. I remember visiting my great grandma in Durango and then hiking near Silverton. I love CO... hey maybe I should come visit!

mmm... October 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

that's awesome melissa! i agree. you should visit us. then we can go do some family historing :). and of course our boys can play and play! that would be a fun trip.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP