Tuesday, October 5, 2010

makeshift bumbo


since ben and i are so cheap (especially ben) we didn't buy rivers a bumbo seat. instead we just use the crock pot (i'm now hearing all the mom's whispering "first she puts her baby on a schedule then she sticks her baby in a crock pot! what's next?!"). it's perfect for our mini man. he loves every second in that pot: examining the red handles, drooling over the silver lining, watching mom prepare chili, and cookies. then, enjoying family dinner, as he curiously observes mom and dad bring that strange object to their mouth and proceed to chew (hmmm. . . . yea, he hasn't started solids yet. i figure, around six months we will make that step.)









8 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale October 6, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

haha... that's an AWESOME idea! humm.... I might just take that one. :)

Little Rivers looks positively adorable :)

Christy October 6, 2010 at 1:30 AM  

As long as you don't try to eat your baby, I think you're safe! :D

Angela S October 6, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Nice! My 4 year old got a good laugh from it! We've put the kids in some silly places.

Jamie and Tom October 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

haha melanie I love this! Great idea!

Lisa October 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

that's cute! hey, and I give you props for being creative!

Kyle, Alicia, and Jaxson October 6, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

The crock pot looks like a much more entertaining place to be than a bumbo! You guys are creative, that is awesome!

janelle October 7, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

We didn't ever buy a Bumbo! Those are stupid (no offense to anyone). I looked for one for a while, but then I realized he would use it for like a day, then grow out of it. I'm cheap too, lol.

Oh, P.S. Did you ever check out the Vegetarian Slow Cooker Book I told you about a long time ago?

mmm... October 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

love the slow cooker vegetarian book. thanks for the suggestion! (i need to start using it more to get healthy. i've been going through one of my phases: "junk food. junk food!" i hate this phase. but am on the verge of coming out of it! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP