halloween
we hillbillies found ourselves a skunk for halloween. after snatching up the lil' feller we took him over to there old church for the chili cook off and some trunk or treat. i stewed up my favorite chili recipe to enter into the contest. hoping i might win, i was sorely surprised when i walked in only to find out i was one of forty-two other crock pots waiting to be sampled (my chili's tasty but ain't no number one of forty-two tasty)! after plenty of chili and cornbread eating we headed outside to escape from the mobs of people swarming the gym and hallways. there our little skunk came alive as he pulled up grass and leaves while showing off his latest trick: sitting up all by himself. yep, i must say, we sure got ourselves a good one. . . he's a dang good one.








8 comments:
Haha. Twin hillbillies. What a fun evening! Hopefully your little skunker didn't smell too much! ;)
Oh that has me laughing. You costumes are awesome! I am so impressed! It was so good to talk to you today.
you guys are always so creative! I ran the hills behind your house today and along the freeway. I really missed you as the memories came pouring in. I realized that a very special friendship was born on those hills and I am thankful for every minute spent running side by side of you and every footstep we planted on those dusty old trails. What a rich memory it was, it made me smile just thinking about us!
I love the Halloween costumes! You did a great job coming up with something fun and creative. :) Rivers makes an adorable skunk. How exciting that he can now sit up on his own! He's growing up fast.
You look awesome!!! I LOVE your costumes, and I love your writing. Thanks for the CD. It came today. And I printed the pictures and bought some frames. They look so pretty on my nightstand. So thank you!
Wow! I would have never guessed you'd make such a good hillbilly, not sure this will sound like much of a compliment.. but if I saw you in downtown LA I'd be downright scared. Did you make the little skunk costume? I can't imagine anyone selling one, I think it is awesome! Thanks for the pictures.
AWESOME! You and Ben are rockin' the look!And, after all those smelly diapers around the house, I understand why you dressed Riv as a skunk ;-). Just playin!
I love this post! I love the theme of ya'lls Halloween. Rivers makes the sweetest skunk ever. So cute!!
Post a Comment