Tuesday, December 14, 2010

AZ

This is how I travel. It's not as convenient now that I have a 7 month old baby strapped the front of me, and I have to take a train through the massive airport of Denver. And sometimes people like to chose the lady with a baby to do the pat-down (yes, they even patted Rivers down . . . come on! How low would a person go - hide the bomb in their baby's diaper?!) 


 Letting Rivers loose after the 2 hour flight. Each flight gets more and more difficult as he gets more and more mobile. The kid has got to move!


THE BUG PARK





 Yes, that is my straw. Ben was worried I was letting Rivers eat someone elses trash. I guess the whole trash thing is still an issue regardless of whose trash it is. 


 The cousins. (Lily & Mason) 

Caught in the act. This kid has got to taste everything, even germ infested giant lady bugs.

First Umbrella Stroller ride ever. Obviously a success. Looks like we'll have to put this on his Christmas Wish list.


 Love, Love, Love this kid.


Ready for an adventure!

Daddy's back! (Ben had been gone a week - in AZ)

Fun with Grandma Sharon

Under-Dog! Yea, Ben was pretending, and the kids kept saying "Higher, Higher" so he figured Tammy and Cameron did the real thing. . . so he did the real thing. Despite the fact that Mason's mother's nerves being fried, Mason recently concluded "Ben is my favorite guy." (I guess that makes two of us)


 THE BOAT RIDE





Rivers loves hanging out with his Grandpa Ted. 





 Playing peek-a-boo under dad's leg.



Rivers had just about had it with the life jack at this point.


















DUCK FEEDING STORY #2:
After the boat ride, we had a picnic near the lake. Mason, Lily, and Grandpa Ted discovered some hungry ducks. And me being overjoyed to give my baby his second chance to feed the ducks, took the remaining sandwhich bread (in hopes that everyone was full) and headed for the lake. Let's just say these ducks did not take much coaxing or convincing to chomp down the remaining sandwhich bread. These ducks were not shy in the least. In fact they came right up to us and ate straight from my hands. I've fed a lot of ducks in my day, but never have I had a duck bite my fingers. After a few nibbles to the thumb, Ben said "Be careful they don't bite Rivers toe." Good point. So I adjust my baby. Not more then 5 seconds after, that duck jumped up and bit my baby's toe! Oh my, was Rivers unhappy. He yelled and yelled. I would to, if I had a strange white bird come up and bite my toe. But after a minute of telling those ducks a thing or two, Rivers calmed down, and was once again fully amused but the aggressive ducks invading his little space.  I've got to find a decent duck feeding spot in Springs. I can't wait for more days like this one.



Now that we have all recovered (or almost recovered) from the cold that passed around Tammy's house that week, we can sit back and enjoy the sweet memories of a marvelous weekend.

6 comments:

Tammy December 15, 2010 at 5:13 PM  

I LOVE all of your photos. They're so stinkn' cute! I'm so happy that you were able to come and visit us. We love you guys. Sorry about the cold.

Tammy December 15, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

I love the duck feeding photos. Those are beautiful!!

Anonymous December 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Oh, so fun! I want to go on vacation! It looks like you had such a wonderful time. That's crazy about the duck biting River's toe! The pictures though are lovely!

The Butler Clan December 16, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Wow, like summer in winter! I'll bet that was a nice bit of sun!

Monica December 17, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Oh...so much envy! I wish I could have joined you girls.

The Waits Gate December 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Awe, how fun! I love that in a final picture Ben was standing close to the edge of the boat with Rivers, but Rivers had no life jacket on. But ina ll t he others when he didn't need it he had it on. So funny!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP