Wednesday, March 9, 2011

10 months old


Look who's reached double digits! My baby boy is already 10 months old! And what a fabulous 10 month old he is! This month has been so much fun. He is eating just about anything these days, which equals loving food (hopefully that'll bump up he's 3 percentile body weight :) and he is a regular speed demon. He can crawl so fast it's insane (especially if he's setting out to go somewhere he knows he's not suppose to, or he thinks he's been caught in the act. example: eating a magazine, hears Ben's voice, he drops the ripped up  magazine and goes full speed opposite of the voice. So funny. It's amazing how that instinct of "being caught" is so natural. The kid has never gotten in trouble. But he still knows to run. ) Anyways, he is so funny. He now starts laughing when we are laughing. He has no idea what it's about but he sure enjoys being a part of things. He waves all the time. It's absolutely adorable. We just hung up this photo of him on his wall, and this morning we said "who is that" and he started waving to himself. He's not walking yet. But he can totally stand. He just doesn't know it. And when he realizes he's standing he reaches out for me or just starts laughing which makes him fall over. He's into this sharing thing. He finds some random thing, gives it the old taste test, then holds it out to me and waves it, tempting me into a taste test as well. When I give his item a bite, he laughs and laughs. It's the funnest thing watching this little boy grow. He makes life 100%.  The friendship we're developing, and seeing his amazing personality unfold, is like nothing else.  I feel like I can never get enough of my Rivers. I always want to play with him. He is my best little buddy. It's true, the whole family is completely smitten by him. Love you Rivs!

Play time! Rivs loves to push his new train, Grandma Sharon gave him. He pushes it everywhere. A new sense of freedom, I guess. And climbing the printer, that's still sitting on the ground, is pretty much awesome.

I'm in love with his eyes. (no photoshop necessary!)

Enjoying my favorite ski town: Frisco Colorado.  And Rivs checking out the clothing company which features his name.


Sunday afternoons = Play time with dad . . . The best!


Testing his negotiation skills on Canberra. "My chicken ring, for your ball." . . . shot down! Another no go, from the Pooh. You gotta' add spit-up to make your offer more appetizing, Rivers.

Books, books, books and more books. The kid can't get enough of them. Story time is the best time. (PS excuse my old lady attire. . . had  a surprise abdominal surgery, and pants hurt like crazy to wear)

Daddy's little helper.

Getting in to repair the oven.

Or at least turn work into play. 

5 comments:

Lisa March 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

So cute! Love the picture of him in the hat at the top of the blog! He is lucky to have such great parents!

Trent, Natalie and Jantz March 10, 2011 at 3:27 PM  

He is growing so big! I just love his eyes. Sorry about your surgery. I hope everything is going well now.

life on the move March 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

How cute! love the picture of him with the pliers climbing in the oven. reminds me of his dad!

Kalista March 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

What at cute boy! He really is darling and I can see why you can't get enough of him! I love all the photos, it's fun to watch him grow through your blog. He has such a cute cheeky expression in the first photo, i love it! And I agree, he has amazing eyes - just like yours!

The Waits Gate March 21, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

SOSOSOSO cute! I can't believe he's almost the big 1! He and Austin would be such great friends! Austin loves to stand on our stool and look outside. Im sorry about your abdominal surgery. I hope you're okay. Miss you guys!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP