 |
| I love this photo of Ben and Rivs playing together. Ben is such a good dad. I know these two have so many fun times ahead. |
I think these stairs leading to the Quarry are awesome. It always reminds me of climbing the disintegrating stairs of the old temple ruins around Angkor Wat (Siem Reap Cambodia). BTW they feel way steeper then this photo portrays.
 |
| Tasty. |
Rivers loves his dog. And Canberra loves her boy. There's no doubt about these two are destined to be best friends.
 |
| The loves of my life. |
 |
| The Quarry. It's pretty amazing how they cut out the rock. |
 |
| Ahhh . . . . Over exposure (but I kinda' like how it turned out )! Ben scrambling up the Quarry. |
 |
| Leader of the Pack |
 |
| Testing Rivs Rock Climbing Skills |
 |
| Ready for a long afternoon nap. |
We do
a lot of hiking in this family. Springs is filled with trails, and we're determined to know each trail like the back of our hand. :) You see, hiking is the perfect activity. Everyone is welcome (including "The Pooh" aka Canberra), plenty of talking, exercise (which makes everyone happy - scientifically proven - thank you endorphins :), lots of exploring (=adventure), fresh air, sunshine (boosting our Vitamin D intake), but most of all lots of together time (which = extreme happiness). On beautiful days, like this particular day, we take it easy, and let little man out of his backpack for some serious investigation. He loves climbing over the rocks and checking out all the nature has provided for us.
Post Script: Rivers is becoming an insanely good climber. Today he climbed up my rocking chair, while I was across the room putting toys away! And tonight he gave me his first wave. Oh my goodness was that adorable! The kid kills me (and the only problem is, I think he knows it)!
5 comments:
Beautiful pictures. I love hearing your updates on little Rivers, seems like Lewis and Rivers are right on the same track!
Fun pictures! Boy I think we need to make a trip south it is frigid here!! Love the picture of Rivers and the dog! So fun!
Those are gorgeous photos! It looks like an amazing hike!
What fun Melanie! It is wonderful you get out and take Rivers hiking so much! He will really grow up loving and appreciating the outdoors. Beautiful photos too!
It looks like you guys were made for Colorado Springs. Rivers is one lucky boy to have you two as parents - he will never be bored!
Post a Comment