car window
A couple months ago, after being unbuckled by his papa, Rivers noticed me through the rear window. Ever since then, the moment he gets loose from his seat, he pops up and begins laughing, jumping up and down, and hitting the seats as we play peek-a-boo through the window. He also, really enjoys this game, when he notices me through the crack of the truck while I'm setting up his backpack, or putting gorceries in the car. I'm sure I'm quite a site, bending down and popping up, hands raised, with a huge grin on my face - the observer never noticing the adorable baby boy laughing hysterically in the car.
Advice Please: Amidst my feeble attempt at Spring cleaning, I can't help but stress over our constantly cluttered car. I always told myself I wouldn't have a messy car, even after I had kids. Well, like most things after Rivers' arrival, I've proved myself wrong. Both of our vehicles are always messy. It's difficult to carry in wiggly Rivers and groceries, water bottles, jackets, mail, snacks, pulled off shoes and socks, blankets, strollers, and any toys used to ease the boredom of a mundane car ride. So, usually the kid and the groceries make it into the house, while everything else finds there new home, in our ever cluttering cars. I don't know how to make things work. If any of you moms out there have mastered the trick, or at least have a few suggestions, please share. I'm desperate!


5 comments:
Rivers is just gorgeous! To help clean out the car, shove everything in a bag and go through it. If it starts getting cluttered now...there's a lot less hope for when the kids take things unsuspectedly in the car and you look back and wonder where it all came from. Not that my car is always clean, but our rule for all of us is if it came in with you, it goes out with you even if you have to take more than one trip. You'll be fine. You're a great mom!!!
An idea I had.. not that I do it all the time, is to keep a box in the car. Everything goes in it. Sometimes I put everything in the box and take it up with me and sort and put away, other times, it only makes it to the garage until another day. The trick then is to put the box back in the car (perhaps the box's permanent spot should be a closet near the front door, so it goes in and out to the car constantly).
My advice: Embrace the mess...someday you'll be able to have the cleanest car in the world. Right now there are more important things to worry about. Perhaps, just clean it once a week.
Love the car photos and the game. So cute!
And I like the advice about the bags and boxes...I just don't have the time to go through them once we're inside.
I have a hard time keeping our clean too. I did better when it was just Adelaide, but now it's even harder! I like the box idea below. That's cute how much Rivers enjoys peek-a-boo with you!
Post a Comment