Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Indian Chant

Journal Entry: 7 April 2011
Yesterday Rivers found his wild "Indian" roots. He's ready for a camp fire, some drums, and plenty of colorful war paint because he's got his call down pat. I first heard it while my back was turned preparing his lunch - in an attempt to entertain himself he began his Indian Chant. I was so excited.  So with all the praise and Indian chant replies he has continued to do it since. It's super cute how he performs his call. As most of us yell out with our hand straight, palm facing our mouth and moving our hand back and forth, his hand slightly dangles in front of him, and he uses the back of his hand/wrist to create the glorious sound. Between his own hand version and the mixture of baby yell, the Indian chant is simply adorable. 
Anyways, it's now our game in the car when the drive is getting a little boring, during dinner, on the changing table, in the tub, and whenever things just need a little spicing up. No wonder Indians did it during celebration. A little "aaahhhh . . .. aahhhh. . ..  ahhhhh" could make any party more exciting. 


I've never done video before. So watch out, I talk like crazy behind the camera (that's what I do when I shoot photographs . . . and in real life. So to suddenly be silent really throws me off :). Anyways, I love the footage of Rivs in a video. Something that words and still photographs just can't capture. I wish I had started this earlier. But you know. I'm learning. There's something super special about capturing the words, laughter, and personality of your growing child. I know I'm going to love this stuff years down the road. Or even next month. *enjoy* 
My first video:




Post Script: While watching this video Rivs got super stoked and joined himself for the Indian Chant. So cute.

3 comments:

Wilde World April 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

I love the video! It's so fun to see your little guy! He's adorable! Plus you're quite the photographer(Wish you could come and take some of mine)--I love your posts!

Christy April 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM  

Love it! This is Owen's favorite thing to do too!

Kalista April 22, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Oh, he's so cute! I am so happy you posted a video of him. I shows his darling personality and I love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP