momma

Did I ever tell you I love being a momma? It's true. I love being a mom - more than anything else in the world. I never would have dreamed I would have liked this calling even a fraction of what I do. But it's true. I'm in love with my 24/7 job. Nothing could ever suite me more perfectly (granted I do have the easiest kid ever, making things simply superb). Despite my passion for my never ending job, it sure was nice to be celebrated, thanked, and completely spoiled - by the whole crew.
![]() |
| I love my little friends. |
For the 5 days leading up to momma's day Ben would leave a note, with one delicious truffle, thanking me for different attributes that he appreciates with my mothering. It meant so much to me that he would notice those different little things. Things that so easily go unnoticed. I can't say how much it helped me to feel appreciated and loved by my best friend and teammate. :) Then on Mother's day, he had a beautiful pile of presents waiting just for me. Presents from each member of the family and a card to accompany each. Rivers didn't care much for the hats (although he soon gained a deep appreciation when he discovered we could play peek-a-boo with them, and the flower is very intriguing), the soap, the apron, or the adorable bib (from him, that has a monkey swinging from a tree, saying "Hangin' with mom." - love it), but he did think the board book was fairly cool (also from him - "Are you my Mother?"), but most of all he liked Canberra's card. Now that is the essence cool (Canberra does it every time):
Rivers is obsessed with the tongue that sticks out.
The one on the left is from my mom. She's a great mom. Someone I'll always strive to be like, but will most likely never quite catch. Even so, I'll continue to quiz her on how in the world she managed to keep a house clean, dinner on the table (every night), a beautiful garden, and chauffeur 6 kids to every extracurricular activity under the sun. Some things are completely beyond my comprehension. But I now think she is more amazing then ever before! (Being a mom gives a whole new perspective to tackling and conquering the impossible)
![]() |
| This is what I always tell Ben. |
Besides presents and breakfast, I didn't have to teach primary (that was a very very appreciated gift from the Elder's Quorum). Instead I enjoyed cheesecake in Relief Society, and socialized with adults. Then Ben and I spent the afternoon reading in the backyard during Rivers long nap, played frisbee in the park with the whole gang, and Ben grilled salmon with asparagus and sweet potatoes for dinner. My family completely spoiled me, and made my Mother's Day absolutely perfect. It's true, I do love our little world.
* Stay tune! Rivers Birthday Recap is coming up next. To put it simply: it was incredible!








2 comments:
You're spoiled. I love this post, and I LOVE your hat. Where did you buy it? I LOVE it! And those cards are so cute.
Beautiful post! The pictures of you with Rivers are stunning! I'm glad you had a happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment