Friday, May 13, 2011

The Big #1!



the BIRTHDAY BOY



the dEcoRatIons




the GuEstS
(everyone was there)



the CAkE



(Since doggie was Rivers very first word. And dogs are his most favorite thing. 
His party was doggy themed. Right when he saw the cupcakes 
he squealed, and kept repeating "doggy" "doggy." )





the PaRTy BeGinS!



"HaPpY BIrthDay DeAr RiVErs! HapPy BiRtHday to yOu!"



ChOosInG hIs ViCTim




 uMmM . . . UmMm. . . UMmm
ALL GoNe!


Apparently he has the Madsen gene.  Being, at most, the second time he's ever had sugar, I was curious what he would think. To put it simply. He loved it. He devoured it. And he held it like a champ. Willing to eat more. I'm sure!



PrEseNt TImE!


Ben had meetings to attend all the afternoon on the 6th and part of the 7th. So Rivers birthday was split into two days (hence the different outfits :). Thursday evening where he ate cake, and opened some presents (presents from his Grandpa Bob and Grandma Julie, who watched on Skype - technology amazes me :). Then the next morning (before Ben left) Rivers awakened to a whole new display of more presents! He could hardly contain himself. Wow! What a Birthday! 


One of Rivers favorite gifts was a card. Yep, a signing dog card, from his Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Ted. When I heard the rap music, I didn't think he would think much of it. Boy was I wrong. The kid is going to be the next Eminem. He carried that thing all around the house for days. And each time he'd open it up and hear the music begin to beat, he would start bobbing his head, bouncing his body, shaking his arms, and kicking his legs. Watch out world!




Another favorite was his doggie backpack from Grandpa Bob and Grandma Julie. Every time he sees this thing he squeals in delight, and wiggles his face into the doggie's face, then begins to woller around, squeezing his backpack. 


Rivers had the most exciting birthday. One fun thing after another. He played constantly with every single one of his toys. Devoured two whole cupcakes in all (in the course of two days :). And fell in loved with balloons. After Ben took off on his retreat, Rivers and I spent the whole afternoon at the Zoo. We concluded his big day, riding the silver spotted horse on the carousel (awesome!). All I saw were smiles from the Birthday Boy. It truly was an incredibly special day for an incredibly special boy. I don't think I'll ever be able to gracefully watch this kid grow . . . but I sure am enjoying it!


4 comments:

life on the move May 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

he is amazing! and soooooo cute. We love watching the videos of him on your blog they make us laugh especially the one of the yellow submarine song we watch it over and over. I am glad he had such a great time for his 1st birthday! We love him so much!

Kalista May 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

What a great birthday for Rivers! You did a wonderful job capturing the special occasion through your photographs! You can see what a happy boy he was on his special day! Thank you for sharing! :)

Monica May 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM  

MELANIE!!! This is incredible! I absolutely love it! The cupcakes are adorable and Rivs is cuter than ever! IMPRESSIVE!!! I wish I could have been there. By the way, you look super cute.

Wilde World May 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

Melanie! You have the cutest little man! Hope all is well with you and your sweet family!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP