Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lemonade



We're on "vacation." A retreat - with Edward Jones. The retreat happens to be in my, now, dream place: Estes Park Colorado (it's also where the Shining and Dumb & Dumber were filmed - great advertising huh? :) . 
It is simply breath taking here. A little town nestled, high up into the mountains, with sharp peaks surrounding every direction you look. I love it here. I love it here so much, that Ben can't get me to stop begging him to move here. (for the record, we are not looking to move. But. . . if we do. . . you now know where to :) But I've quickly learned, there's no such thing as vacation with a one year old - especially when you have meetings, dinners, and seminars that must be attended during his vital nap time. To put it simply we are all beat. But especially Rivers.
The kid is thourghly drained of sleep. Skipping naps, going to bed late (10 pm!), and the most beloved . . .  waking up early. Yep 4:30 this morning. But as Ben and I tried sneaking in more sleep while Rivers pushed the recycle bin around the room (making the "vroom" noise) we decided what the heck, let's get up and enjoy what the morning has to offer. It was hard to actually do it. But as Rivers began to beg for attention, we knew it was inevitable that sooner or later, we would have to get out of bed. 
So we slowly and groggily laced up our shoes, set up the jogging stroller, and off we went, not realizing how much we really were turning lemons into lemonade. As we pushed the stroller through the brisk mountain air, we found our way to the path that surrounds the big lake, that welcomes you as you drive into Estes Park. We jogged around the glass-like lake, and slowly watched the sunrise over the peaks, and shine upon the water. The moment was literally breath taking.  One that I won't forget. The best part of the trip - by far. Quiet, peaceful, beautiful. And all because my little Rivers woke up too early. Thank you Mr. Rivers. Thank you.









1 comments:

Tammy June 29, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful!!! I love it. I knew it was going to be hard sleep wise. But you embraced the moment. Love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP