Rock Star
So I'm a week and a few days late on Father's Day! But for a daddy like Ben I can't let the annual post slip by without acknowledging how extremely wonderful I think this papa is!
While on "vacation" we went hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park (gorgeous!). We expected the hike to be a quick up and back deal. But surprise! Snow! Lot's and lots and lots of snow. (see below)
As you can imagine, hiking with slick running shoes and a friend who sprained her ankle, the trip was not so quick. But gorgeous and awesome. There were three lakes, each lake more frozen than the last. After passing dream lake (more photos to come - so sad, my lens was too narrow to really capture things, so I'm waiting for some of the photos from our friends), we continued onward.
Everyone ahead of us were turning around early saying it's was too "precarious" or sitting on rocks waiting for a scout to come back with photos. Not us. We continued onward. I had it easy. Holding an empty water bottle, and bossing Ben around about which direction he should go to be careful with little man on his back. But Ben, he's always careful. As we watched people slide face first down the glaciers, and fall on their behinds numerous times, Ben graciously handled the hike like a pro. So much so that Rivers managed to sneak in a long morning nap as dad conquered the mountain side.
As we stood staring in awe at the last lake, the few others who arrived at the lake were more impressed to see Ben and Rivs than the lake itself. As we climbed back down, I think I heard about 4 different people express to Ben "Wow. What a Rock Star Dad." (No, really, they all used that expression).
It's true, this guy really is a rock star father. He is absolutely adorable with Rivers. He's kind. He's patient. He's creative. He works so so hard. He's funny. And at the end of the day, everyone celebrates when he walks through the door. I often think how lucky I am to have him be the daddy of my beloved little boy. He's amazing. And, yes, without a doubt a Rock Star!
*click on the photos to thoroughly enjoy. :) love you Ben!














1 comments:
Wow! I'm so impressed! Ben seems like such a great dad, and he's an excellent financial advisor. Anyways, that hike looks gorgeous! Is it near your home? When we come and visit, someday, we'll have to do this....although it may not be possible with 3 young children. Anyways, looks like a blast!
Post a Comment