Turkey Trot
Saturday, was the first time I've ever been on a military base. Ryan works for the military as a psychologist, so they invited us to run in the Turkey Trot with them. Unforunately Cheyney had a cold (and she's 8 months pregnant) so she stayed with the boys, and the three of us ran. It felt weird not to be hunched over pushing a stroller up the dirt hills. Although I missed watching my little man as he devours treats on the run, or takes a mini nap, it felt free to just run, using my arms and all. :) After the big run, there was a raffle, and Ryan won a turkey for the big Thanksgiving Feast! We had a great time.

2 comments:
I love Turkey Trots! Best way to start the holiday.
Are you sure you've never been on a military base?! Didn't you race on the Kaneohe military base? I'm pretty sure I did all 3 years I was there...and then again coming back running for BYU... so you must have been there too, right?!
That's right. I guess I have been on a military base more times than I realize! I must admit Kaneohe's military base is much prettier. :)
Post a Comment