Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family Photos





I'm such a photo guru. I love photos. I absolutely love taking photos. But I think the main thing I love about photography are the miniature moments in life that it captures. Once you have that moment in your lens and snap the shot, it will bring so much joy and warmth to your heart for years to come.  But with my little boy in the world, I sometimes feel sad that I'm always behind the camera. I have so much love for this little guy, and all of our days and hours playing together is never exactly captured. I mean, it is, but it isn't. So I've been dreaming of having a family photoshoot. It took me forever to find someone I liked enough to actually pay. I wish my friend Lisa Hansen still lived in town (she did my maternity shots, and I love them) but she is in Idaho now. So anyways, for my Christmas gift this year, Ben let me get a family photoshoot done. We had to be there at 7am. Which is fine, because we're always up at 6 - 6:30 with the little man. But I didn't take into acount the fact that although Rivers isn't a big eater, he is a slow eater. So as 6:55 drew near and he still was in his onsie slowly picking at and nibbling at his cinnamon sugar toast, we decided we had to move him along this morning, or we would certainly be late. Well, Rivers apparently was not happy about that. Not one bit. He didn't yell or scream at the time, but when we met our photographer, Rivers would not crack a smile. If we tried all of our tricks that always make Rivs laughed, he just yelled. All his pictures, aren't just serious, they are simply depressed. So sad. Next time (the next magical day I get family pictures) I'll wake Rivers up at 5 so he can have his normal hour and 15 minute breakfast eating ritual. It's such a balance with kids. And here I thought a morning shoot would be perfect, because Rivers is always delightful in the morning. Well, I've learned my lesson, breakfast is most definitely the most important meal of the day.  Oh, give me some input on any which photos you like most. Thanks!

8 comments:

Unknown November 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

These are amazing! I love them all. What a good looking family!

Kalista November 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

You look gorgeous! I love your hair, so pretty. The lighting is beautiful too! It's too hard to pick a favorite. I miss you!

Lisa November 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM  

How fun! I wish I was there too but they turned out CUTE! I like the bw one of you smiling and Ben tickling Rivers and the family one under that! So fun!

Sam and Melissa November 26, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

Oh I love them! They turned out so great. I love the ones where you are laughing. I had the same ordeal with Jenna for her pictures - I picked her most sleepy time and stuffed her full of milk and she didn't fall asleep for 2 hours. But so worth it once they are done. Your location is so pretty as well. You guys are the cutest family.

chelsea mckell November 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

5th one down in the best. But they're all great, really. And seriously - 7am?! Wow that's early! I'd be upset if someone was trying to get me to smile too! :) I'm in love with his outfit - looks like straight out of a Children's Place catalogue.

Kyle, Alicia, and Jaxson November 29, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

Ok, it is official! You guys are the cutest family EVER!! I can't get over how cute Rivers is, he is such a doll and I LOVE the way you dress him. He looks like a little man!!! Love his hat, I am a huge fan of the newsboy hats! I make Jaxson wear them all the time, but he has now figured out how to take them off. So seeing Rivers wearing his hat so well, gives me hope for the future!

mmm... December 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Thanks so much guys! My sister Monica, found the sweater and hat for the little man at H&M. And my mom bought it for him for an early Christmas present. So sweet!

Monica December 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM  

He is one well-dressed little man! You must send one of these shots to mom with a thank you. He looks dashing!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP