Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'll Love You Forever


Well that boy grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was 19 months old! He pulled all the food out of the refridgerator, he picked up dog poop in the backyard (and delivered it to the door), he threw his nice shoes into the toilet, he bit the dog on her tail, and he even pulled mom's hair (and laughed in delight) while she carried him in his backpack straight up a mountain. Sometimes his mother would say, "This kid is driving me crazy!"

But a night time, when that 19-month old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, tip-toed across the floor, looked up over the side of his crib, and if he was really asleep she would pick him up and rock him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. And while she rocked him she would whisper "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

2 comments:

Kalista December 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM  

So sweet. :) I loved that book while growing up.

Tammy December 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

I love this. That book makes me cry. Whenever we read it, the kids ask, "Mom, why are you crying?"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP