Friday, January 13, 2012

Thank You


I just want to thank all of you for your sweet sweet comments, your continuous prayers, and your love for our family. Your prayers have reached our family, and effected us in ways I cannot begin to express. We have felt God's loving arms around us.  You never know who you are and how you are going to act until you have been tested. I always wondered if I was truly a faithful person. These past few weeks faith has carried me. I feel like the poem (Footprints in the Sand), Christ has not been walking beside us, he is carrying us, and for that I am eternally grateful. The future constantly scares me, as I am now entering into early menopause, and all the risks and health factors that I will be facing with that. The sorrow and loss has found it's place in my heart, as our new reality tries to sink in. Through it all, I feel peace. God knows his sheep by name, and he is blessing our family. Thank you, thank you for your sweet friendship. It's easy to feel alone in the world, but when something like this happens, you realize how not alone you really are. I cannot begin to say how much love we have felt these past few weeks. The letters, the flowers, the comments, but mostly the hundreds and hundreds of prayers that have been given in our behalf have overwhelmed us with gratitude and peace. We feel so incredibly blessed. I cannot express how thankful we are to all of you and the love you have shown us. Thank you.

There have been so many letters, comments and notes that people have sent me. Each one has touched my heart dearly. They all mean so very very much to me. I cannot thank you enough for your sweet kindness. Even my nieces and nephews have reached out to our little family. They were so cute I couldn't help but share them with all of you. Talk about bringing a smile to your face! :)

Hey Melanie,

Lily (2 almost 3) was working so hard on this this morning. When she was finished, she said, "this is for Rivers." So cute. The kids love Rivers.

Love you!

Tammy







Oh... you should know.. I didn't put him up to this.. he just started singing it to me.  So I turned on the camera so he could sing it to you.  

Love you!
Melissa

3 comments:

Monica January 16, 2012 at 5:15 AM  

So sweet. I am always astonished by the intuition of children. Thank you for sharing. That's enough for anyone to appreciate the little blessings in our lives, that mean all the more during rough patches. I think of you all the time DJ. Post a pic in your cute footsie PJs!

Tammy January 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM  

This is so sweet. My kids pray for you too. Lily loves Rivers!! Mason carries around mom and dad's Christmas card with all for the cousins. He loves his cousins. We love you!! Yes, post the footsie pjs.

Trent, Natalie and Jantz January 18, 2012 at 10:24 AM  

Oh Melanie! I have been so bad at reading blogs recently. I just read about all your heartache. No words can explain what you are going through but I will pray for you and your family. You are a very special person. Heavenly Father knew that you were strong enough to endure this. Keep your head up. We will be thinking about you. You are an inspiration to all of us. Nothing better than a smile or kiss from a cute little boy. Rivers (and of course your husband)will be your strength when you don't think you can go on any more.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP