Sunday, March 11, 2012

ice castle


Yesterday, we packed the Mazda full of xc skies, and a Groupon to an Ice Castle in Frisco. Then we headed for the mountains. It was beautiful! I love love love the mountains! Sadly, though, the snow was sparse. Little patches of nothingness. So our xc skies, and poor Canberra girl stayed in the car. (Although, we did find a fun walking path, that Canberra loved. So she was still happy about her decision to drive the long drive with an unhappy little boy by her side.) Anyways, despite the 60 degrees and glorious sunshine, the Ice Castle stood proudly. from the outside, I was a little disappointed. Then we walked inside, and it was amazing. Tunnels, hallways, climbing caves, solid of beautiful ice. Rivers was in heaven running from one spot to another, in search of a new slippery icy slide. It was beautiful. We spent a ton of time exploring the ice castle from top to bottom. It reminded me of the Chronicles of Narnia - the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was awesome.

Then we ventured out of our winter wonderland, and found a nice spot for a little picnic and more exploring. It was such a fun getaway.

Rivs just about to slide down. Look at that killer grin!
 Our little explorer.
 Prince Rivers on his throne.

A Snow princess and the paparazzi.



peek-a-boos, climbing through, and finding broken ice
I love these two pictures. I think the ice, and the hallways are awesome! so smooth, and shinny. It was tough to get a picture like this without someone coming around the corner. But I thought these were beautiful!


This one reminds me of scuba diving, such an awesome thing to look up through the dark ocean and see a little hole of sunlight above. Anyways, I thought this was awesome in the ice.




4 comments:

life on the move March 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM  

amazing pics! Looks like tons of fun!

Kalista March 14, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

Holy cow, that place looks incredible!!! I've never heard of a place like that before but it sure looks fun! Next time we talk I'd love to hear more about it. :)

Tammy March 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM  

Wow! You're amazing!!!! I love, love, love these photos. Wow! I wish I had half the talent you have. So, so impressive.

Tammy March 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM  

BTW, I just read through all of your most recent posts, and I love them. Rivers is one smart cookie! I love that he colored a moon. And your photos, as always are amazing.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP