sleep
This is the new face of naptime (oh, and yes bedtime). Little man has successfully learned to climb out of the crib. He's quite skillful in the manuever. You don't hear a peep or thump. You just hear our oldfashioned door handle turn loudly. Then he appears - just like magic! He's typically wearing a hat - an army hat, a cowboy hat, a Santa hat, a ball cap, or even helmet. Then with him he is carrying something I might find interesting. A stack of books, his teddy bear, and when he's really trying to sweet talk me, he will bring his picture of Jesus (yes, his miniature picture of Jesus is what always accompanies him at about 9:15 pm and 5:45 am). And he's super cute. He either walks out triumphantly and exclaims "hi!" or he'll slowly walk out very shy and stand there waiting to tell me something. For some reason, even at 5am I think he's cute and funny. Ben thinks so too. But Ben is the practical one in the family, and last night as he spied on me taking Rivs back to the bed (trying my hardest not to say anything) he noticed I snuck Rivs a little kiss on the forehead before lying him down. Yes, that's when the lecture began, that I can't let Rivers know I think he's cute when he's strolling the house at 11pm. And I need to just take him back with no response. I know, I know, Ben is right, and as I listen to Rivers playing in his room during his typical nap time, I feeel more motivated than ever. I may very possibly never sleep again . . . but really, who could deny this face. He is way too cute! We love this kid.
2 comments:
He looks just like his daddy used to wearing that army hat! Brings back a lot of memories.
That's hillarious!! I'm usually a mean mommy when they wake me up at night and Cam takes over. So now they don't dare wake me up.
Post a Comment