Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rivers First Christmas

Christmas at home in CO before heading over the mountains and through the snow to Grandmother's house for Christmas.



I really wanted something extra extra special for my sweet baby boy. Something that he would keep forever. But, as you all know, my craft skills are less then par. So I spoke to my extremely talented friend Janelle, about knitting Rivs a stocking, She let me design the whole thing and then created this absolutely perfect stocking for baby Rivers. I am so in love with it! Thank you Janelle, thank you!






Utah:
Slobbery Rivs meets his dear cousin Lewis (who is three weeks older)! They were so cute crawling around together. I know they will be great buddies!

Discovering the Christmas tree.

The Madsen Family Dance Jam:





Present Time!





Looking Fine at Ninety-Five!
Despite the rough year, Grandma finished 2010 off 25 lbs. heavier  (too bad I can't brag about that :) and walking with just her "pole" (as she calls it). She is as sharp as ever. We enjoy her so much!


The Treasure Hunt begins:

Ben's impressive Treasure map. He put the whole hunt together. . . it was so much fun!

The pirates searching for their Christmas present. 


Disney Cruise!
(Christmas / 40th anniversary present from all the 6 kids to two incredible parents! We sure love them!)


Rivers returns home, with a new trick he learned from Lewis (standing up) and lots of new toys to discover.
What a wonderful first Christmas!  . . . and a


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

He hasn't quite entered the whole "banging pots and pans" stage yet. So eating the whisk was the most appropriate way for little man to end 2010 and say hello to 2011.





8 comments:

Tammy January 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

These photos are adorable! I love them. Rivers look so cute, and before you know it, he'll learn to bang the pots and pans, and then you'll be hoping he'll unlearn this. I love the layout of this post. It's beautiful!

janelle January 15, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

Merry Christmas Rivers! (and Melanie and Ben) It looks like it was so fun. Having kids really changes the holidays, doesn't it?

I'm so happy you're happy with the stocking. Thank you for the love! :D

Monica January 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM  

So great to see all these pics. What a fun time we had! Rivs is as cute as ever. I love the stocking. How special.

Sam and Melissa January 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM  

Your family is awesome. I think I want to start the dance tradition - looks like too much fun to pass up. Rivers is getting so big!!!! He is cute as ever.

Mel January 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Cute cute pics! Love the post! Oh and your camera angle on the 2 babies on the stairs makes Rivers look like the big boy! :)

mmm... January 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

haha melissa. yea, i was actually going to make a comment on that photo: rivs looks big here, but lewis has him by a long shot! but then again, rivers head has always been on the big side of the spectrum (unlike the rest of his miniature frame :)

Anonymous January 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

Fun photos! It looks like such a happy Christmas! I love the stocking Janelle made! I'm glad Rivers first Christmas was wonderfuL! :)

chelsea mckell February 23, 2011 at 12:15 AM  

I just caught up on your whole blog down to this post. WOW - that little guy is a BIG guy now! And so so cute. So glad to see you doing so well and enjoying mamahood so much!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP