Thursday, January 20, 2011

shhhh . . .

"Colorado Springs' winter: Colorado's best kept secret." That's what the grandmother at the park told me, and I think I believe her. After all our little family had just finished lounging in the sunlight over peanut butter sandwiches and banana puffs, soaking up the 60 degrees on a January afternoon. It's a strange thing rarely wearing sweaters in January. I'm use to Ohio, where leaving the house without layers of sweaters, scarfs, hats and gloves is absurd. But I think I've adapted rather quickly to the mild temperatures of Springs.  Now I just need to constantly remind myself that it is in fact still January so Easter Egg hunts and swimming pools are still months away. 

love these boys

yes - bare feet in January




 all smiles. this kid is so much fun!


Rivers tries out the swing. 





Canberra always watching.

Backflip. . . .yea, I thought I was cool jumping off the swing :) Somehow Ben always shows me up.



7 comments:

life on the move January 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

He is adorable I can't believe he already has so many teeth!

Anonymous January 20, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Cute pictures! I'm jealous it is so warm there! That sounds so nice right now, it's freezing here!

Mel January 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

Yay! I am so glad you can play outside with your baby!

Angela S January 20, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

That is awesome! (the weather and back flip) We're really enjoying our 60 and yes we had a 75 degree day this week..oddly enough it was the day before the 30 degree day....

Lisa January 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM  

I've never seen a backflip off a swing. That is impressive Ben!!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale January 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

I LOVE that picture you got of Ben mid-backflip!

Wow. January. Colorado Springs.
I'm coming to visit, for sure! I'm cold!

The Waits Gate January 22, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Okay . Im ready to move! It has been febuary weather since the beginnig of December. This mornings temp. was -1. We've had snow since the beginning of Dec. too. Im ready for the warm weather!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP