9 months!
Look who's nine months old!!!!! Yep, little man Rivers turned nine on Sunday. And he's happy as can be about it. Goodness has this past month held lots of excitement for him. The world is in his hands and boy is he enjoying it to the fullness. He's into just about everything: boxes, cabinets, Canberra's kennel (which she has been more then patient about . . . way to go Canberra!), phones, make-up/brushes, Ben's important files (teaching us, rather quickly, to put everything very, very high). He loves crawling under things, like his crib, the chairs, table whatever - I think he imagines he's caving or Indiana Jones or something :). He's determined to one day get into the bathroom attack Canberra's food and water, and eat the cleaning brush by the toilet - so far we have been successful on catching him before the latter happens. On Sunday he climbed an entire flight of stairs, and his walking has become very proficient (when holding onto both of our hands). He's also awesome at holding onto a couch or a table or whatever is fairly long and walking across the entire thing, then taking our hand and going to the next obstacle, pretty cute. The kid is not afraid to make multiple efforts everyday to let go of whatever he's holding onto and attempt a stand - each time failing miserably - which explains the endless scrapes and bumps on his rather bald head.
Of all the toys Rivers has, his most favorite thing, are books. He is so so so in love with books. It's absolutely adorable. Every time we sit down on his brightly colored mat and he sees me choosing a book he begins this super funny laugh, and begins to wiggle his wrists (like he's leading an orchestra - the same thing he does when he's hungry, so funny) then gets settled in to enjoy the story. It use to be one book before each nap and with all effort possible a book before bedtime. Now we are up to at least 4, 5 and sometimes 6 books before each nap and before bedtime. And even after book number 6 he still complains when I put it away. I now have every book on the shelf memorized and since it is impossible to afford books to keep up with his high demand and my need for sanity we are emptying out the public library to keep us both entertained.
This is such a fun age. He's understanding so much! And he plays so many games. His favorite game probably isn't the best one, but we all enjoy it. We do the same thing that we do to Canberra, we say "I'm going to get you" and he takes off crawling as fast as he can and then we catch him and tickle him. And he laughs and laughs. The other thing that Rivs loves is climbing up us. He holds onto our hands and walks straight up us, he's determined to climb on top of Ben's head one of these days. :) He also enjoys pushing everything off of whatever is on the table or couch that he sees. He also loves to see pictures - mostly of himself (weather it be on my camera - so most of my photos are now of him racing towards me, or on the computer). Every time he sees one he begins laughing and tries to grab it. So everything I have is now covered with slobery finger prints. :) Anyways. It's been a really fun month with Rivers. We enjoy this kid so much! It's fun to be building such an incredible relationship. We love him more than words can say!
Discovering Canberra's Kennel. One of his favorite places to explore.
Rivers tries blueberries! Now his most favorite thing in the world. - Canberra has learned that puffs are delicious and Rivers loves the attention. So the high chair snacks have begun (time to keep an eye on my little dogs waist line :)
A couple weeks ago Rivers began sticking things in his mouth to take it along with him. It's the funniest thing. He'll tote toys, spoons, heavy figurines, socks, combs, whatever he thinks is pretty sweet and plans to keep for the long haul.









6 comments:
He is so cute! I especially love that first photo with all his little teeth showing. ;)
Hmmm... don't tell anyone but I do that too... with a kid in each arm, the only place for the car keys is the mouth... I totally understand! (But I am sure I am not cute when I do it)... :) He is adorable, love the kennel explorationpics.
He is adorable! of course I am predjudist! Ben used to climb up us too and loved when we would chase him and tickle him so Rivers comes by it honestly but then he has the best parents in the world!
He's so adorable!!! I love his personality. Lily loves books too. We have to limit our storytime, or we would be reading forever! Love him!
He is straight up adorable!!! I love the first picture to death!!!
what a fun age! enjoy every second! Cody has applied to two jobs in Springs...But who knows...
Post a Comment