Marvelous Mr. Matthews
The man amazes me. We bought this piece of crap (excuse my language) table off Craigslist. It originated from Garden of The Gods campground, and ended up in the hands of a kind man, with a junk yard, who landed the tables, most likely, for free. Then turned around and sold them. The table should have been bought at a yard sale for $5 maximum. But because of my terrible negotiating skills and my intense faith in my husbands talent, I bought the table for 50 bucks. Yea, 50 bucks! My reasoning? The cheapest table in town (regardless of the over price), "free" delivery, and the guy needed the money. I'm a sucker for nice people in need.
Anyways, give Ben some tools, some paint, and a Saturdayand he can literally create a master peice. For 15 more dollars, he made me a beautiful table (all the same wood, screws, metal etc.)
Fits the empty deck like a glove. Allows for plenty of seating (so we can now have big garden parties :). I love the style (classic camp ground picnic table, and the black metal against the light brown wood=beautiful). And just right for little boy forts. It's so much prettier than I ever could have imagined!








2 comments:
Holy smokes.... ! that is incredible! Beautiful table, I say it was worth the $50. Delivery alone would probably have been that much if you'd purchased a table elsewhere. Gorgeous table. Good work!! I found a piece of junk on the corner the other day, a table.. and so wanted it... couldn't convince Eric it would become a masterpiece. (He was probably right) but your find is fantastic!
Beautiful! You did a great job finding it and Ben did amazing fixing it! I love it!
Post a Comment