Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nothing is safe



The thud that followed his victorious climb, out of the crib at 12 months old, did not stop the triumphant boy. The bookshelves have been manageable - just leave the bottom four shelves empty (or filled with "toys"). The rocking chair has been manageable - instead of depending on his superb ability to find equilibrium, the chair is now edged into a corner of the room. But now that Rivs has managed to conquer just about every chair in the house, and is learning to push the chairs to the location he most desires. . . nothing is safe. Goodbye important documents, adieu favorite photographs, bon voyage computer. Hello vanquisher Rivers of Colorado Springs.




I know, I know. I should not praise him for climbing that chair. No I should not. Look what a mess it's going to get me into! But goodness, did you hear the effort he put into it? That was a regular workout! Respectful of all my praise. 

The Next Day. . . getting pretty smooth, quite fast, and very daring. 

2 comments:

Tammy July 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

Hey Melanie, Cute post. Mason was the exact same. He was climbing on everything. My girls haven't been crazy climbers, though. Your video doesn't work, though, because it's private. You might just want to put it as unlisted instead. There are thousands of you-tube videos a day, so you're probably safe just writing it as unlisted.

Jamie and Tom July 26, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

oh my!! That is so scary! Way to go Rivs! Thankfully Andrew hasn't dared do anything like this. He climbs up on our couch, and that's about it. He's finding more interest in the bookshelves and pantry though... I'm sure his time is coming. I love your pictures! They are so good! Rivers is so cute!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP