Words
| Here's a picture I got from the pumpkin patch. I love it, because it holds such a beautiful, serene feel of my favorite time of year. |
Anyways, with that being said, I've realized that I haven't ever written down all of Rivers words (in fact, I don't even know how many words he knows. Got to get prepared for that 18 month questionnaire :). He is super funny to listen to. Mostly the kid just jabbers. He will jabber on and on to me about this thing or that thing. And every now and then a word pops out of his jabbers.
So here's Rivs list of words at a week past his 17 month birthday!
His first word was "Dog" (well, actually this popped out as "doggy" back around 8 months, then he stopped for a long time, now it's pretty much always "dog") Then Dad.
Now the rest, I don't really know which order they came out in, but here goes Rivs list:
1- Dog
2- Dad
3- Balloon ("Balloo")
4- Bubble ("Bubul")
5- Mom (yes, that came out eventually! Lately he's saying it more, and I love it!)
6- Bear
7- Fish
8- Tree
9- Shoe
10- Jesus
11- Bye (lately bye-bye)
12- I love you (I personally have never heard this, but both Ben and Bob and very separate occasions have overheard Rivers in his room, telling his bear "I love you" so so cute!)
13- Cow
14- Duck
15- Don't touch (don touc)
16- Mine (um. I don't like this one. It happened the other day at the park, as Rivers threw a little tantrum over a stick that Canberra was playing with. Weird, because we never say this in our house, I kind of think he's hearing it at the gym daycare. Makes me sad.)
17- Yea
18- No
19- Car (wow, I can't believe it took me this long to write this one. He says "car" constantly" loves cars)
20- Ball (same with "car" favorite word)
21- More
22- Book
23-Bird
24- Come on (every time we are leaving and we're bringing Canberra Rivs hits both of his thighs and says com-on, in a grunting demanding but excited voice)
25- Light
Then there's the sounds Rivers makes, some of them are super funny:
1- For dog, he pants. He even sticks out his tongue some times and makes a panting sound. So funny.
2- He doesn't say "quack" but makes a little quack sound. I can't figure out how to describe it, but it's very distinctive that it's a duck quacking.
3- moo
4- choo-choo
I think that's about it. If I think of anymore, or Ben reminds me of any, I'll add to my little list. But I think that's about all for today!
1 comments:
So so cute! It is such a different world when he can communicate.
Post a Comment