The Red Ball (and my curse)
Canberra went nuts over this red ball Wednesday afternoon. She chased that thing all over the backyard trying to bite it. And Rivers thought it was hilarious. Rivs is like me. Tons of things make him smile, but only a couple things make him crack up. He started laughing so hard, I thought he was going to fall over. It was hilarious! These two are best friends.
Now the travel part. Oh my goodness. I must seriously be cursed. Over a week a go I planned every hour of, well today actually (it's 4am). To be sure we got all the things done, that we need to, so we are to the airport 2 hours ahead of the time our flight departs (yes, this is Melanie writing). I have been determined not to mess things up on this trip. No high stress. Then Thursday night, I'm forcing Ben to stay up until I have read through our entire cruise book (the third time) to be certain we have EVERYTHING. Just magically I call my sister-in-law Melissa, to verify that all I need to do to have a certified copy of Rivs birth certificate is to have it notarized. She sounds a little confused. Then proceeds to tell me that it's a copy the state sends me. I am confused, and explain Rivs "birth certificate" as the one the hospital gave me with little footprints. And frankly I don't want to take it's original to Mexico. That's when it all came out that what I had was not in fact a birth certificate. And without the actual birth certificate we would not be allowed on the ship.
The next 12 hours was insane stress, as Ben and I called all our closest friends in Ohio. Lenin and Shaheena, eventually picked up, and were amazingly helpful. They went to the office picked up the birth certificate and then overnighted it to LA. They are seriously Angels from Heaven. We are so grateful for them! I don't know what I would have done without there help. We have some of the dearest friends in Ohio. Whom we miss so dearly.
Now it's 4am, and I am up. I can't sleep, because of all the stress, and my throat is in so much pain. I hope so much this sore throat disappears and I am not throwing up the entire time from Sea Sickness. I hope we don't miss another flight. Wish us luck my dear friends.
Now the travel part. Oh my goodness. I must seriously be cursed. Over a week a go I planned every hour of, well today actually (it's 4am). To be sure we got all the things done, that we need to, so we are to the airport 2 hours ahead of the time our flight departs (yes, this is Melanie writing). I have been determined not to mess things up on this trip. No high stress. Then Thursday night, I'm forcing Ben to stay up until I have read through our entire cruise book (the third time) to be certain we have EVERYTHING. Just magically I call my sister-in-law Melissa, to verify that all I need to do to have a certified copy of Rivs birth certificate is to have it notarized. She sounds a little confused. Then proceeds to tell me that it's a copy the state sends me. I am confused, and explain Rivs "birth certificate" as the one the hospital gave me with little footprints. And frankly I don't want to take it's original to Mexico. That's when it all came out that what I had was not in fact a birth certificate. And without the actual birth certificate we would not be allowed on the ship.
The next 12 hours was insane stress, as Ben and I called all our closest friends in Ohio. Lenin and Shaheena, eventually picked up, and were amazingly helpful. They went to the office picked up the birth certificate and then overnighted it to LA. They are seriously Angels from Heaven. We are so grateful for them! I don't know what I would have done without there help. We have some of the dearest friends in Ohio. Whom we miss so dearly.
Now it's 4am, and I am up. I can't sleep, because of all the stress, and my throat is in so much pain. I hope so much this sore throat disappears and I am not throwing up the entire time from Sea Sickness. I hope we don't miss another flight. Wish us luck my dear friends.
2 comments:
You will definitely deserve the relaxation and pampering that comes with the cruise.
What a nightmare! I am so glad you didn't have to feed the bird on top of it all!
I cant believe you have snow!!! I am glad you made it too! I bet you had so much fun! Great pictures too.
Post a Comment