Ode to Bear
Okay, this is one of those things I would only share on a private blog: I still sleep with my Teddy Bear, every night.
Teddy is a very very special bear. One day when I was six years old (20 years ago - wow! has it really been that long?!) my Grandma and Grandpa came down to take care of me for a whole week. With them, came Teddy. It was love at first sight; Teddy and me. You see, I've had a lot of stuffed animals in my life, but Teddy was from Grandma and Grandpa. And anything from my Grandma and Grandpa is covered with precious gold. Grandpa Paul and Grandma Melba are two of the very very most special people in the world to me. Since that day when I was six, Teddy has slept with me every night.
I must admit, it was an adjustment when Ben and I got married. To say the least, this is one of the many patient acts Ben has portrayed in marriage. But truthfully, the moment Ben realized Teddy would take care of 98% of all my night time cuddle needs, he was on board.
One morning, while I was making my bed and Rivers was busy playing under the covers and getting his morning jumps in, he discovered Teddy. What a treat! Teddy must just have this magnet of love in him, because Rivers was ecstatic to cuddle with my beloved bear. As I shot these pictures of my two favorite littles (okay, Canberra needs to get in there to complete my favorites), I just thought, this is my "ode to bear." These photos are music to my ears. :)
2 comments:
That's so cute! Yes, ode to teddy. He's gone for sure.
I love these pictures! It reminds me of Spencer with his "taggie". I love little boys!
Post a Comment